When you work with an advisor, you want someone who is competent, trustworthy, and aligned with your interests. Here’s how I work.
1. Fiduciary Standard
If you ask a butcher what to eat, she’ll recommend meat. If you ask a nutritionist, she’ll give you a range of options. I’m the nutritionist. I don’t sell food, just options.
2. Unlimited Advice
I don’t believe you should make a value decision every time you or someone on your team contacts me. For that reason, I only offer fixed-fee, unlimited access retainers.
One of the biggest criticisms I see of most marketing services providers is they obfuscate their work and/or their results. I prefer total transparency and plain-spoken explanations of what’s happening.
For your business to grow, you’ll need to do things differently. I help companies make the changes necessary to see measurable financial growth.
5. Marketing Strategy
Successful marketing strategies requires making trade-offs. I’ll help you plan, budget, and implement a strategy that grows with your business.
6. Oversight of Execution
A big part of what I do is ensure each piece of your marketing is performing and working in harmony so you don’t spin your wheels or veer off course.
7. Access to People
When you need outside support, I’ll make direct introductions to vetted specialists. I never mark up nor take a referral from anyone I recommend.
8. Analytics & Data
Hunches have a place in marketing, but so does data. I’ll help you get your data in order so you can make decisions based on the key metrics that matter most.
9. Advocate & Champion
At the end of the day, I see myself as an advocate and champion for you and your business. We all need someone we can trust. I take this responsibility to heart.
A Few Highlights
When I was teenager, I built a website attracting ~30,000 visitors/month —There was a vibrant forum, downloads, resources and lots more. This was the foundation for my interest in all things digital and provided the early experience necessary to get me started.
I understand business fundamentals—This should go without saying, but I’m often surprised at the lack of business knowledge some marketing consultants have. I have owned (and sold) an events business, ran a distributed web design and digital marketing agency, and have a college post-grad certificate in Entrepreneurship.
I’ve watched the internet grow since it was a kid—Back in the early 2000’s, when dial-up Internet was the norm, my parents used to yell at me to get off the internet so that they could make a phone call. I was busy building things on the web (and playing video games). The lessons stacked up.
I have been freelancing since 2006—After doing years of graphic and web design work for my family and friends (for free), I decided to start charging people for my time. Thus began the path to where I am today.
I treat my clients like family—When I give advice, I think about what I would do if it were my mother or father asking. I look at and discuss risk and reward openly. I tell them when I don’t know. Most of all, I bring genuine care to the table.
I was born in Ireland—In the 80’s, my family immigrated to Ontario, Canada, where we’ve lived ever since. My wife wishes I had stayed in Ireland long enough to develop an Irish accent. Sadly, I do not have an Irish accent.
I also am proud a father, husband, and dog owner.🐶
- Significant ongoing investment into the latest information on all things marketing (digital and traditional)
Recent Guest Posts I've Published:
- Indie Hackers | I Productized A Service: This Is My Roadmap
- Productize & Scale Podcast | Building, Selling, and Acquiring Productized Service Businesses w/ Tyler Gillespie
- Jake Jorgovan | Selling a productized service business with Tyler Gillespie
- 5to9 Conference | How to think about Productizing your Service Business
- Side Hustle Nation | Built to Sell: Design a Business to Run Without You
- The First 10 Podcast | Tyler Gillespie on customer confidence, powerful pivots, and fierce focus
- Fearless Business Podcast | Productising Your Service - Tyler Gillespie
- Kaitsta | The Game-Changing $1 Growth Hack Used by Tyler Gillespie to Get His First 30 Customers
- Productized Day | Creating amazing Customer Onboarding and Expectations
- The Hoth | How To Productize Your SEO Agency
- DesignX Community | Productizing Your Services From The Start
- Bant.io | The No Sales Call Close Mindset – 8 Ways To Close More Deals In The Next 30 Days
- Building It Online Podcast | Productize Services to Maximize Revenue and Reduce Workload with Tyler Gillespie
- Bean Ninjas | How You Can Optimize The Exit Value Of Your Marketing Agency From Day One
- Digital Agency Insiders | Productizing Business Services For a Clear Scope, Price & Niche
- Max Podcasting | Thinking Time Chief, Founder of Productized.Services
- Funnel Dash | How To Optimize Agency Growth (A 2021 Playbook)
- Let's Buy a Business Podcast | Building Your Business to Sell + Productized Services
- Upcoach | How To Productize Your Online Coaching Business